The coronavirus epidemic that is gradually spreading across China has prompted the Chinese government to take action to stop the spread of the virus:
- Quarantine of the city of Wuhan and several surrounding cities in Hubei province (around 56 million inhabitants affected)
- Paralyzed transportation on long-distance bus and interprovincial train routes to and from major cities
- Extension of 3 days of the Lunar New Year to better organize the massive return to the cities of hundreds of millions of travelers
- Possible closings to come from certain chinese ports.
- Total suspension of flights to China from certain european airlines
It is certain that all of these measures will have a significant impact on the time taken to transport goods, whether from China or upon arrival.
Indeed, the extension of holidays will cause a significant delay in the processing of customs and administrative procedures.
All the containers not treated at the handling level will probably generate some congestion at certain ports.
Finally, as population migrations are restricted, this will probably lead to reduced numbers of industries as a whole.
Other measures may be taken into account depending on the progression of the spread of the virus.
Our teams remain at your disposal and we will keep you informed on all possible developments.
Tags: LE GROUPE BALGUERIE